The Last Regular Lunar New Year
How’s everyone? I’m glad Lunar New Year is over at work and I’m looking forward to a more regular work life. There are two new projects coming up at work and my manager is on reservist for 18 days! It’s really going to be a test for me this time round!
This lunar new year is a bittersweet one for me! I’m so going to miss the following family traditions.
(1) I will no longer eat with my family for reunion dinner! After getting married I will have to eat at his family side and only join my family for after meal wine and snacks! BOO.
(2) I will no longer wake up to loud ching chong CNY music on the first day of CNY! My dad makes it a tradition to wake all his sleeping babies with LOUD CNY music at 8.30 am without fail every year! I’m going to carry on this tradition (against his violent objection) in the future when I have kids!
(3) Instead of receiving red packets I will be giving them out next year! AHH. I can see that sinister grin on my sister’s face already!
(4) He is a CNY grinch that means my CNY will be a more peaceful event compared to previous years.
(5) I’ll miss the random chit chatting and keeping each other company during visitation with my sister! She will finally appreciate my presence! HAHA
(6) Spring cleaning my room alone is not enough next year, I have an entire apartment to clean up! Three rooms, a living room, a kitchen, a storeroom and a balcony! AHHH
On the other hand, I’m looking forward to decorating my new place during CNY and inviting my friends over for steamboat (minus the cleaning up) next year!