Vintage Dooney and Bourke AWL Bag
When I first saw this Dooney and Bourke leather bag at the Brooklyn Flea, I didn’t know it’s history. After some googling, there are some interesting facts about the bag! I also know why I got the bag at a deal where it was previously sold for between USD$200 – 380 in the 1980s and 1990s, my guess is because it was rather worn and it’s Solid brass Duck fob hanging from a leather thong is missing! Nevertheless, I thought it was a pretty piece! In the past, the bag also invited knock offs which were widely seen in the market. But one only need a few seconds to spot the difference in materials, workmanship and feel of an authentic Dooney & Bourke bag in the All Weather Leather Collection.
Here are some interesting observations of my bag:-
(1) Oval leather duck logo glued and sewn on the front of the bag
(2) Solid brass hardware including all buckles, rivets, D-rings and latches.
(3) Label of red, white and blue fabric sewn inside the purse that says “Dooney & Bourke” Made in USA” on one side.
(4) An individual registration number on the other side.
(5) Back of buckle strap hardware reads “SOLID BRASS”.
(6) All weather leather is soft and pliable (not stiff).