I’m having UTI again, the second time within 6 months. Sucks, this is embarrassing. But on a happier note, I can stay indoor and avoid the haze.
Here are some tips I got from the doctor to prevent UTI and I thought it is useful information for the girls here! This is mainly for us girls and if you think this topic puts you off, do skip it. Haha. The doctor was really professional and shared a lot of useful tips. I learnt a lot compared to the previous young doctor I saw. At least he bothers to share useful information and not just stuff you with medicines. Haha.
- Drink lots of water. It helps to clean up your body. I am guilty of not drinking enough water.
- Don’t hold your pee. Holding causes infection in your bladder. Especially for girls, our unitary tract is shorter compared to guys who are armed with tubes.
- Eat more fruits to prevent constipation. Shit held in the body is located near the bladder and may cause infection.
- After peeing, wipe clean from front to back instead of the other way round. You don’t want bacteria from your ass to come near the front.
- Wash up before sex both you and your partner.
- For the girls, ensure you are well lubricated before sex. Guys just need to be patient. According to the doctor, if girls are not well lubricated before sex, it may break some walls inside and causes infection. I have no idea exactly how it infects the unitary tract though.
- Drink lots of water and try to pee immediately after sex to clean it off. Have a rinse too.
- Drink cranberry juice. Before antibiotics were created, doctors gave women cranberry juice.
- Other than UTI, to prevent fugal or bacteria, try to wear cotton panties, keep your down under clean and dry.
If you are having UTI and your lower back hurts and are having a fever, it may have attacked your kidney. Don’t ignore it, see a doctor and they will give you a jab to make you feel better.
UTI can also happen to children so do share these information with your young girls as well, erm minus the sex part of course.
If you suffer from UTI frequently (more than twice a year), you may be suffering from diabetics (I got it tested and thankfully I’m not). It can also be due to cyst or stone in your bladder. Gosh, I hope I’m not suffering from that because we will need an ultra scan to test for it. If all is ok and you are still getting it, the doctors may need to check you and your partner just in case.
I hope this is useful for you girls!