Review of Armenian Street Heritage Hotel, Penang, Malaysia
During our 3 days 2 nights trip to Penang, Georgetown, we stayed at Armenian Street Heritage Hotel and this hotel is a love hate relationship. Here are some Pros and Cons of staying at this hotel.
- Clean, new and comfortable
- In the middle of Georgetown heritage central, 3 minutes walk to see the street art of the boy peering at the hole and short walk to bicycle rental shop
- Less than 10 mins walk to a cluster of old school shopping malls
- Extremely value for money, booked through Agonda and only paid SGD58 per night (inclusive of booking fee) for a double room
- Small in house eatery, massage parlour and 24 hours mini mart
- Good wifi available in room
- Air Con takes a while to cool down
- Corridor of hotel not air conditioned
- Only 1 key card for each room, I suspect is to save on electricity, otherwise, most people will leave the key card there the whole day and leaving the air conditioner run the whole day
- No telephone or fridge in room. My guy needs cold water 24/7, so we had to buy cold water from the mini mart instead.
- Generally quiet and peaceful on most days, except that it is near a Mosque which will sound the prayer chant 5 times a day. Not for light sleeper as I was woken up by the prayer at 5.30am on both mornings. But the rest of the group were not affected.
View from our room at 5th floor.
Open concept corridors which is not air conditioned.
Like I said, this hotel is a one which I have a love hate relationship, I love the location, the comfort and the value for money but there are a few things which can improve. But for SGD 58 per night, I shouldn’t be complaining. Will I stay here again if I’m back in Penang, sure, why not.