It has been a while yet again since I last blogged, and 2014 zoomed past in a hurry which gave me no chance to bid goodbye! 2014 was a blast with lots of exciting holidays and I was surrounded with lots of people whom I love and care about. 2015 is one which I look most forward to with many exciting events lining up!
Here’s a quick preview of what 2015 is going to look like!
February 15 – A crazy period at work where it is going to be chaotic with lots of flowers, love letters and dong dong dong chiang (Chinese New Year music) blasting around! It is going to be a long 18 days of no rest day where we try to clear as much stocks as we can and help customers with their preparation for Chinese New Year.
April 15 – Taiwan Trip with his family! This time round, we are bringing his parents to Alishan and Cing Jing Farm which we love and we will be visiting new places like Kaohsiung. It is apparently Cherry Blossom Season in Alishan and we are hoping for nice cool weather!
May 15 – A short getaway with my family to Penang for some street foods and heritage sites visiting! This time round, my two aunties and grandma are coming along!
July 15 – Perth and Western Australia self drive trip! Driving to visit caves and vineyards in Margaret river! If you have any recommendations on any must do, must eat or places to stay, do leave me comments!
August 15 – I am turning big THIRTY. OMG. I saw a health variety show which shared that women look best in their 30 as it is the time when they reached a balance between youth and maturity. BUT, immediately after 30, they start ageing quickly and going downhill. I was happy for a few seconds until I hear the second part. GAWR.
Nothing planned for the last quarter for 2015, but I will be finally settling some administrative stuffs after 3 long years.
It is going to be a great 2015! What about you? Any exciting plans coming up in 2015?
Wondering where am I digging among for the next few weeks and months? Right here. Renovation is almost done and it is up to my team of 100s to work some magic! It is a stressful period and I will press on. 2 weeks of dust, 1 week of guarding the store and a month or so of festive madness.
A Chinese saying which is loosely translated here, “Grabbing the Buddha Feet in the last moment”, So here is me, grabbing Jesus and Lord’s leg with a prayer. It has been a long time since I said a prayer, so here goes.
Let this setup be smooth sailing, let it be a learning journey if it is not, let it be a time I show great patience especially to my hard working staffs, let it be a time I display leadership, let me grow as a person, and let me enjoy this busy process! Lord, thank you for all the angels in advance! I’m sure you have prepared great friends, colleagues, and other blessings to aid me in this journey. Let me be forgiving to the not so loving people that I’m about to face. Thank you Lord for all the mercy, grace and love you’ve shown.
In Jesus most precious name I pray,
I am turning 28 in 2 days time and all I want is to stay young, happy, healthy, fearless and beautiful inside and out. I know I’m a little greedy. Haha.
Shall blog more about my Phuket trip and my birthday reflection when I feel like it. Meanwhile, I shall indulge in the fact that a taxi driver complimented that I look beautiful, young and classy on my way back from the airport and to top it off, he mentioned that I don’t look a day like 28 and if he would have guess my age, it will be 23. HAHA. Perhaps he is a little creepy, but I don’t really care. I look like 23! Wee!
On some exciting news, I just received my Performance Bonus letter yesterday and it is awesome! Variable bonus + special bonus + performance bonus adds up to X months! This is on top of 13th month and contribution sharing! All these adds up to probably X to X months bonus for the entire year! Thank God for rewarding my hard work!
But I shouldn’t be too happy about it because my basic salary is still pathetic! Haha. Sister, don’t even think about asking me for more money, I need to pay off my credit card debts (which I chalked up a lot for dental, facial, medical and other random stuffs) and save for rainy days! Haha. But a dinner treat for the family is definitely on the way! Woot! And shhh, don’t you dare tell mum! Haha!
On other news! I’m flying to Phuket for a five days holiday soon! Weee! I hope for a bright and sunny week! Prepared four sets of bikini for the trip!
Top left, my all time favourite but with one design accessory dropped out. Top right, boy shorts great for swimming and running around. Bottom Left, bandeau top from my sister, a little too big for me, but perfect for tanning. Bottom right, my new bikini, love the sexy tribal yet modern vibe.
I’ve been nominated by Natalie for the Liebster Award! Thank you babe, that’s so sweet! That’s my first blog award nomination! Haha. Ok, I’ve no idea what this award is all about and instead, turn to Google for some answers. Here are some information about Liebster Award from other bloggers!
“ The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.” from Welovedhere
Ok. So maybe it is not a prestigious award or a real award, but this idea is superb! I’m not complaining if my blog is shared by others and I can share other interesting blogs that I read.
Here are some rules I gathered for receiving this award:
- Post 11 random things about myself
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for me
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers that I’ve tagged
- Pick 11 people and link them to my post
- Go to their blog and inform them
- No tag backs
The rules are a whole lot and I’m bad in coming up with questions and random things about myself! Here is part one! 11 random things about myself and the answers for Natalie’s questions. Will try to post part two (hopefully I will get to it when I’m back from Sydney), on the 11 questions and the bloggers that I will tag.
11 Random Things about myself
- I’m staying with my granny and her maid now. I love the freedom, the privacy and the services (from my maid). Haha.
- I am aggressive at work, a perfectionist and a task oriented person. But in a relationship, I can be a closet little woman.
- I love dancing even though I have two left feet. I love shaking my booty!
- I am a tea person. Whenever I drink coffee, my heart will beat real fast for hours.
- I love traveling and exploration. Even to rural places, I love seeing places that I’ve never seen and experiencing their cultures.
- I’m a glutton. Don’t even try to steal my food. I will bite. Like seriously. Haha.
- I am a person of many interests. I love trying new things. Tried acrylic painting, silver making, dancing, tennis, guitar and eventually yoga. In the end, am now in love with Yoga.
- I hate working out but I love the effects thereafter. Mentally and physically.
- I love CSI, Law & Order, Criminal Minds and Grimm. Intense. Heh.
- I’m adaptable. Throw me anywhere I will probably struggle a little and strive thereafter.
- I love chocolates, cakes, tarts, ice cream but hate candies.
11 Questions from Natalie
- Do you think you’re living the life you want? I am not living the life I want. The life I want would have been perfect but that isn’t life. So no regrets here. I am enjoying every bit of my life right now.
- If you could change anything in your life what would it be? To have greater self esteem and be courageous to live life.
- Would you want to live life over again? If so, what would you change from your past? Yes. I would not do the bowl and flip pose during my Chinese dance in primary school. It’s a pose where you lay on your belly, grab your ankle, rock your body and flip to have your chest on the ground and ankle at the side of your face. Ok, after explaining this pose, the reason why I want to avoid doing this pose? This pose flatten my boobs and damaged my glands. Haha.
- What would you want written on your gravestone? A charming lady, a loving wife, a filial daughter, a whacky sister and a patient mother. (In no particular order)
- Hugest idol everrrr? I don’t have an idol now but I used to be a huge fan of Fann Wong (a Singapore Artist). I just heard an uproar haha. Yes I know it’s not exactly cool. I used to have two exercise books with all the cut out of her pictures and articles. Haha.
- Brains or beauty? You can’t choose both. And if you choose brains, remember that you might look like utterly deformed. You may not even be able to walk. And if you choose beauty, you’d have an IQ of like 90. Between deformed or IQ 90? I think I prefer to be a beauty with an IQ 90, to be ignorant, contented and blissfully happy and unaware of this cruel world.
- On that note, which do you think is more important, IQ or EQ? Once again you can’t say “oh they’re both equally important” Make a stand! Definitely EQ. I’ve seen people with greater IQ who made a fool of themselves. EQ is something that I’ve been trying to master too.
- What is your meaning of life? To be happy and be at peace with oneself in all decisions I make.
- How would you like to go? Death in sleep is not an option. I don’t want to died in an accident because I can’t say goodbye. But dying of cancer sounds painful. URGH! This is tough. I have no answer to this and I don’t even want to think about it. Perhaps I will make a will, write my goodbye letter and say my goodbye via a video? Then I can have a random and short death without having to suffer but still get to say goodbye. Haha.
- Tell me a joke. Like a really really good one. I won’t even try. I’m so bad at this.
- Erm I’m out of questions so.. Tell me a joke? A really really bad one? I can’t even tell a bad joke. Sorry to disappoint!
I hate swallowing pills. It must be psychological. I fear that I puke or choke to death.
I used to pound all the pills into powdered form and dissolved it in water. The results? A murky concoction that tasted real bad.
Now? I chewed it real quick and take gulps of water to wash it down.
Whenever I’m ill I need to have some candies, chocolates or snacks to take it with my pills.
I take one full glass of water for one pill.
And if I need to take three pills, I will break it into half an hour sessions for each pill. That’s because I’m so full with water after the first.
I’m random and weird but who cares. I still love myself! Haha.
When we were young, we imagine our life to be perfect. Graduate from good school, find our dream job, marry our prince charming, move into our dream house, have a couple of kids and still look darn good. At least that’s what I imagine my life would be.
But being an adult now, I realize life is not all that simple and smooth going.
On Life and Marriage
There are people around me who choose to remain happily single, to cohabit with their other half, who is divorced and started dating, who is dating a single mum, to date freely and openly, who fear commitments but don’t mind a friend with benefits and who decided to leave their fiancée/ fiancé.
Life is indeed imperfect. But who am I to judge, as long as one is happy, there is no need for an explanation to others.
On Jobs and Career
Graduated top of the class twice in my life, I am earning peanuts and many might think that I’m stuck in the rut. But what define success?
There are people in jobs which requires 14 to 16 hours of work to earn big bucks. As long as you enjoy what you do in that 14 to 16 hours, you don’t have to explain to others why you are working so hard. Even if you hate your job but love the money, you don’t have to explain to others why you are still working in that job. It’s your choice and be happy about your choice.
Similarly in my job, even though I’m paid peanuts and probably earning below my cohort’s average, I don’t have to justify why I love my job. I don’t have to stuff them with reasons like work life balance, sense of satisfaction or the fact that I’m contented with life. After all, I’m the one waking up in the morning to greet myself in the mirror to start a fresh new day at work.
So whatever you do and whatever life stages you are in, be happy with your choice. If you are unhappy, change it, and choose to be happy. La la la.
It is officially and legally six months since the event. Yes, I’ve moved on and am embracing my life. I want to be happy. All of me. No need for regrets, no need for any guilt, just living selfishly for myself and fighting for my own happiness. People may judge but people who truly care won’t.
I do still believe in love. I’ve seen them in my family and friends. I believe when you received a lot of love, there will be so much love in yourself to give out to others too.
Just came back from Zumba class and am feeling all confident and ready to shake my booty to conquer the world! Who says exercising must be all serious and torturous? Instead of my regular Yoga and combat classes, I opted for Zumba this evening for the first time and had great fun! It was mostly dancing, shaking booty, laughing out loud and monkeying around (when I try hard to follow the steps in vain!). I may not have sweated out as much as I would love to, but I feel all confident and great in being a woman! Because we can shake our butt when we like it!
Source: Elaine Ashire
This Lunar New Year, I wish everyone the greatest happiness, harmony, love and health!
Among the twelve tactics to be happy, I think I am practising seven of them. Here are the ones that I should work on and do more, believe in myself, stay inspired, help others, limit television and face my fears. Be brave girl!
It has been a long while since I put on my running shoes and I’m glad I did! Decided to go for a short jog and explore the neighbourhood’s park and finally cover the entire perimeter of the lake! The air is so clean! Running in a park sure beats running along a busy road! Enjoying the nature’s gifts and loving all pretty things that God created for us. Enjoying life’s simple pleasures.
This is so beautiful.
Yes! I love this earth!
Someone did this. So cute.
As you can probably see, instead of running, I was busy snapping. Haha.
The beauty of working afternoon shift is the free time I have in the morning! This morning, I explored the park near where I currently stay and had a 40 minutes yoga session before a drizzle spoiled all the fun! The benefit of having a park just 5 minutes walk away includes yoga at a park, evening stroll and a walk (or run) in a park!
The corner I found for my private yoga session!
I was discipline enough to only manage eight rounds of sun salutation, six rounds of Warrior one and four rounds of Warrior two. You will notice that the rounds dwindle as I progress as the inertia kicks in as I progress. Haha. It was followed by random stretches for a bit.
The view I had all to myself.
The fun benefits of practicing yoga in a park are (1) enjoying a dose of vitamin D from the morning sun, (2) breathing in fresh clean air compared to stuffy and humid air, (3) taking in the spirit of carefreeness and ignoring all the strange stares from passerby and lastly (4) taking in a private moment of self awareness with a view.
The not so fun parts of practicing yoga in a park are (1) finding a quiet and private spot without ants or bugs, (2) lack of mirror to correct your poses and (3) the need to clean up your yoga mat thereafter.
It has been a fun session and I will surely do it again!
Unlike the past years, instead of going through the monthly highlights of 2012, I don’t have the heart to go through what happened in the past one year. It hurts.
I believe everything happened for a reason and even if I had made bad choices in life, I won’t want to live in regret. Many hearts are broken but I won’t ask to rewrite history even if I can. For the history and past experiences made me who I am today and I will embrace it and look forward. Whatever happened today will make me who I am tomorrow. I believe in fate and destiny, and even though I have no idea what is to come tomorrow, I have faith that despite all that have happened, I am not forsaken.
So this 2013, I have a few simple New Year Resolutions or rather personal goals for 2013.
- To live a healthy life. Putting in more effort in practicing Yoga, building up my health and body and leading a stress free (less stress) life. To eat healthy and be more mindful on what I eat and put into my body.
- To spend more time with my parents, siblings and grandma. To put more effort in people whom I care and who cares for me.
- To spend more time with my friends. I don’t have many close friends and I don’t have many friends whom I can call true friends, but I would like to keep the few I have and spend more time with them.
- To embrace my future and have faith.
- To go on a solo trip this year for a quiet moment of self discovery.
- To love myself and be happy.