I’ve been nominated by Natalie for the Liebster Award! Thank you babe, that’s so sweet! That’s my first blog award nomination! Haha. Ok, I’ve no idea what this award is all about and instead, turn to Google for some answers. Here are some information about Liebster Award from other bloggers!
“ The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.” from Welovedhere
Ok. So maybe it is not a prestigious award or a real award, but this idea is superb! I’m not complaining if my blog is shared by others and I can share other interesting blogs that I read.
Here are some rules I gathered for receiving this award:
- Post 11 random things about myself
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for me
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers that I’ve tagged
- Pick 11 people and link them to my post
- Go to their blog and inform them
- No tag backs
The rules are a whole lot and I’m bad in coming up with questions and random things about myself! Here is part one! 11 random things about myself and the answers for Natalie’s questions. Will try to post part two (hopefully I will get to it when I’m back from Sydney), on the 11 questions and the bloggers that I will tag.
11 Random Things about myself
- I’m staying with my granny and her maid now. I love the freedom, the privacy and the services (from my maid). Haha.
- I am aggressive at work, a perfectionist and a task oriented person. But in a relationship, I can be a closet little woman.
- I love dancing even though I have two left feet. I love shaking my booty!
- I am a tea person. Whenever I drink coffee, my heart will beat real fast for hours.
- I love traveling and exploration. Even to rural places, I love seeing places that I’ve never seen and experiencing their cultures.
- I’m a glutton. Don’t even try to steal my food. I will bite. Like seriously. Haha.
- I am a person of many interests. I love trying new things. Tried acrylic painting, silver making, dancing, tennis, guitar and eventually yoga. In the end, am now in love with Yoga.
- I hate working out but I love the effects thereafter. Mentally and physically.
- I love CSI, Law & Order, Criminal Minds and Grimm. Intense. Heh.
- I’m adaptable. Throw me anywhere I will probably struggle a little and strive thereafter.
- I love chocolates, cakes, tarts, ice cream but hate candies.
11 Questions from Natalie
- Do you think you’re living the life you want? I am not living the life I want. The life I want would have been perfect but that isn’t life. So no regrets here. I am enjoying every bit of my life right now.
- If you could change anything in your life what would it be? To have greater self esteem and be courageous to live life.
- Would you want to live life over again? If so, what would you change from your past? Yes. I would not do the bowl and flip pose during my Chinese dance in primary school. It’s a pose where you lay on your belly, grab your ankle, rock your body and flip to have your chest on the ground and ankle at the side of your face. Ok, after explaining this pose, the reason why I want to avoid doing this pose? This pose flatten my boobs and damaged my glands. Haha.
- What would you want written on your gravestone? A charming lady, a loving wife, a filial daughter, a whacky sister and a patient mother. (In no particular order)
- Hugest idol everrrr? I don’t have an idol now but I used to be a huge fan of Fann Wong (a Singapore Artist). I just heard an uproar haha. Yes I know it’s not exactly cool. I used to have two exercise books with all the cut out of her pictures and articles. Haha.
- Brains or beauty? You can’t choose both. And if you choose brains, remember that you might look like utterly deformed. You may not even be able to walk. And if you choose beauty, you’d have an IQ of like 90. Between deformed or IQ 90? I think I prefer to be a beauty with an IQ 90, to be ignorant, contented and blissfully happy and unaware of this cruel world.
- On that note, which do you think is more important, IQ or EQ? Once again you can’t say “oh they’re both equally important” Make a stand! Definitely EQ. I’ve seen people with greater IQ who made a fool of themselves. EQ is something that I’ve been trying to master too.
- What is your meaning of life? To be happy and be at peace with oneself in all decisions I make.
- How would you like to go? Death in sleep is not an option. I don’t want to died in an accident because I can’t say goodbye. But dying of cancer sounds painful. URGH! This is tough. I have no answer to this and I don’t even want to think about it. Perhaps I will make a will, write my goodbye letter and say my goodbye via a video? Then I can have a random and short death without having to suffer but still get to say goodbye. Haha.
- Tell me a joke. Like a really really good one. I won’t even try. I’m so bad at this.
- Erm I’m out of questions so.. Tell me a joke? A really really bad one? I can’t even tell a bad joke. Sorry to disappoint!
I am loving every bit of hosting my blog in WordPress! The best benefit in doing so is the exposure the blog gets! Everyday, Somethingboutrenes (SbR) is read by like-minded people (especially bloggers) from all over the world! And when they read something they enjoy, they will “Like” or “Follow” this blog! Till date, after re-hosting my blog to WordPress for less than a month (I started in 31 March 13), SbR has garnered more than 100 Likes and 20 Followers! This encourages me greatly to write and keep a look out for interesting topics to share with my readers! It is perfect for me too! Because I get to come across many other interesting bloggers from all over the world! My reading list is getting longer each day! Haha.
So if you read something that you enjoy, do “Like” the post! This enables me to know what my readers love and what I’m doing right! It also tells me that I am not alone! Haha. Because I find pleasure sharing and documenting interesting snippets of my life! If you are a new reader and is loving what you read here, do “Follow” me!
Till then, Good night World!
The thing I love about WordPress is the free themes and the widgets which comes along with it! I’ve added a widget at the side called “Posts I Like” and yes, it is essentially, blog posts of others that I’ve “liked”. How convenient! Whenever I like a posts while surfing other wordpress blogs, it will appear in this widget to share with you guys! So now, if you are bored of my posts or are done with them, you can read those blog posts I like to keep yourself occupied! Hah.
The first post that I’ve added to this widget is “Finding Happiness” by Randall Krantz in Bhutan Chronicles where he shared about his experience on how happiness is achieved in Bhutan. In this blog, he and Antonia Gawel shared about their lives and observations while in Bhutan.
I just received the cash out of my earnings from Nuffnang for the last Financial Year (August 11 to July 12) for Somethingboutrenes (SbR)! Haha. SbR’s financial year is from August 12 to July 13, in accordance to my birthday and from the start date of this sponsored site.
I received an email notification from Nuffnang sharing that if I blog about my cash out, I can expect to see something cool from them the next time I cash out! This got me curious and so here goes, we shall see what’s that something cool from Nuffnang!
This is the third cheque from Nuffnang and even though SbR is not generating much income, I love this little monetary reward to keep me motivated in writing and sharing random thoughts! Who won’t! I do love to write reviews, advertorials or any form of sponsored posts as well! So here’s a little shout out to the kind advertisers and marketeers out there! Pick me! I’m all for it!
SbR does enjoy other form of rewards as well! That is the support and kind words from my readers out there! Thank you! This is like my little virtual home and a place I meet my virtual friends and family to gain support!
Some regular and loyal readers may notice some changes in my life which I may not have come out in the open just yet. But someday I will. Someday when I am confident to face the harsh reality and judgement, someday when I am all brave and strong. I hope that someday will come soon! Meanwhile, I shall continue to escape into my whimsical world while I share my random thoughts here!
(Be thankful for everybody in your life, good and bad, past and present. They all made you the person that you are today.)
I know it has been too long. Sorry for abandoning this space. There are some changes in my life and I am trying to adapt to it. Will try to post something next week! Meanwhile, I have been practising yoga three times a week and reading up some random novels to occupy my mind.
If you know me personally, don’t pry. I am fine.
Thank you for your payment. This email serves as an official receipt for Invoice #1317 sent on 26/08/2012.
Basic web hosting plan – 1 year – somethingboutrenes.com (08/09/2012 – 07/09/2013)
Server Location: Los Angeles (Default) S$59.40
Sub Total: S$59.40
5.00% Transaction Fee: S$2.97
SbR used to be wholly funded by CW & Lennel where they provided the domain and web hosting as my birthday gift! It was the best birthday gift ever! However, this year, SbR is taking up too much space because of the large amount of content and slight increase in traffic! With that, SbR is ousted from their web hosting! Boo! But they are still providing the domain! So thank you CW & Lennel for your generosity!
With a small annual fee of $62.37, business is back to usual! Just for the record, SbR generates a pathetic $120 from Nuffnang on a yearly basis so do click on the ad if you see anything that interest you! Other than that, I’m just glad the small earning is covering my web hosting fee! On a happier note, I am paid close to $60 a year for maintaining my hobby! How awesome is that! Haha!
I am back from Italy! There are so many things to blog about and I have no idea where and how to start! I am just going to go random with my blogging! Hang in there if you want to look at the most beautiful church wedding I have ever attended (HAHA), random DIY projects I did for the weddings and our Italy honeymoon!
Taking a break from the countless posts about Hangzhou, to share a great piece of news! I got 3rd for the Marimo contest and won myself two Marimos in a beautiful apple bottle!
As promised I wanted to share this Marimos with my reader and I have picked Joieil as the winner of this Marimo! It wasn’t a difficult decision because it seems like most people don’t fancy Marimos! What a pity!
So Joieil! Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of a pair of beautiful Marimos! I hope it brings you great joy everyday while looking at it!
It has been a long long while since I last blogged. I know. I failed as a blogger. Work life is getting hectic with the new role expansion. My home does not have a computer yet (will be moving this very PC over and I can’t wait to get my own Mac). We have added a few additions to my new place and I will share more in the next few posts! Will also continue with my Shanghai – Hangzhou posts and other random posts! See ya!